Thursday 30 October 2014

Must do to have more fun in the Philippines

Visa Requirements
I am a foreigner. Items 8 and 9 of  travel requirements apply. For nationals that are excluded in the list of countries that may enter the Philippines without a visa for not exceeding 30 days. Go to Philippine Embassy website from their country of origin to check the visa requirements and application.

I am a returning Filipino. I am eligible for balikbayan program.

Seasons in the Philippines 
It's always a best time to travel Philippines. It all depends on what you want to experience in the Philippines. I brought my kids several  times to Singapore Discovery Centre, there was this strong wind cubicle machine. It somehow emulates the experience of a typhoon strong wind effect. It was a cool invention kids love the strong wind and the fun of hair blown experience. 

For people who wants to make the most of the Philippine trip, the pleasant weather falls on the months of December to May. December to February are cool dry months, March to May are mostly hot dry and June to November are rainy months.

Money Sense
The estimated budget will serve as a guideline for the tour. I find it very interesting to plan for my travel tours. The preparation starts from answering the following questions : how much is the allotted budget ? when is the best time to travel ?  where do I want to go ? and what kind of accommodation I would want this time ? These are the questions that I need to fulfill in my initial stage of the travel plan. This may sound too early, but yes I do plan a year earlier or minimum six months before the travel date. It may be different from my case since most of the time I travel with my hubby and kids, sometimes with extended family or friends. We always say "the more the merrier". 

Places of Interest
There are variety of activities to do in the Philippines. It can be nature adventure at Mt. Pinatubo Volcano in Subic, ecotourism in Palaui Island Santa Ana, Cagayan Province, city tourism in Manila and Makati City, cultural heritage tourism in Cebu and cultural landscape in Cordillera. Rural tourism in Bacolod's Maskara Festival or Mask Festival, Sinulog Festival in Cebu, Pahiyas Festival or Rice Festival in Quezon. These are just a few of the exciting areas to explore in Philippines.

Be informed
This may sound demanding for some. Oh yes, reading the current events on the country of destination is necessary. I would start updating myself on news and happenings 2 months or so before my travel to a certain country. One good example was my trip to Phuket last June, the trip was confirmed and planned few months before the coup d'etat and Martial Law in Thailand. Although, our holiday trip was in Phuket not in Bangkok it would still affect our trip. The Martial Law has curfew and curfew would mean NO NIGHT MARKET SHOPPINGS for me. Big thanks to my reliable rent a car owner, I sent an email to him a week before leaving Singapore. 

Hi Cherd, 
How is the condition now in Phuket ? I have heard in the news that there is a military coup and curfew nationwide in Thailand. Is it safe for us to travel there ? Thanks.
Carmela 

This was his reply: 
Dear Khun Carmela, 
Thank you for your details. 
The truth event is normal living. 
I think more safe than the past.
Best regards,
Khun Cherd

Wonders will never cease ! The night before our flight to Phuket the curfew was lifted up in some parts of Thailand and that includes Phuket.

Like what you've read come and join me here.


Disclaimer : The content in this blog is for information only and based from the author's experiences, opinion and feeling at the time of travel to a place and may not be necessarily applicable to the reader/s. The information in this blog is not updated in a timely manner. Accuracy is not a guarantee. Therefore, the author is not liable to whatever links, information, images changes/ updates by third parties that are not directly connected to the author of this blog. This blog is not suggesting, recommending anything to it's readers and are not liable for any  damages or losses.  If you have any suggestions or comment/s please email the author at mytraveltourasia@gmail.com.  It is important for the reader/s to do your due diligence before traveling to foreign place/s. The information and images in this blog are sole propriety of this blog and reproduction is illegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Name :
Email Address :