Saturday 1 November 2014

Happy Creeeeepy Halloween !!!

An Innocent Child's Encounter with the Spirits

The night right after we sent my grandpa to his mausoleum as his final resting place in this world. He visited me and presented himself with a shape of tongue of blue fire. As a kid it was a playful and interesting thing to see, yet I was too young to discern what I was witnessing. My aunt had explained to me that it was grandpa's manifestation of a farewell to a granddaughter.

Another hair rising experience, was when I woke up in the middle of the dark empty night in my room. Sleeping face to face beside me was an old white lady. I saw on her wrinkled pale face that she was deeply asleep, I could feel her cold presence beside me. I was scared stiff and covered myself with blanket and started saying my prayers endlessly, until I finally fell asleep. When I rose from my slumber that morning I could not comprehend if I had a nightmare or was there really a ghost sleeping beside me that night. 

How about hearing a whistle from out of nowhere ? Knowing that I was alone in that place. I was brave enough to follow where the sound was coming from. I would hear whistles once in at least 5 encounters I had in different years. I noticed it was always in the same exact spot. What a big riddle for me !

Up until now, the white old lady's face and my grandpa's presentation decades ago are still fresh in my memory. I can roughly remember the frightening sound of a whistle from nowhere.




 Reflection. The celebration of Halloween in whatever purpose either by knocking door  to door for a trick or treat or remembering the departed love ones. It is definitely a chance for everyone to gather and be united in celebration.

Last night I took part in this event, kids are beaming with excitement and adults are less tense. The community centres in Singapore are interactive and encourage people in the districts to participate in this kind of events. It emphasizes in this activities, how much effort the local government of Singapore has put in to keep the community in Singapore active and happy. Isn't that a good thing to know, this red dot is really making a difference. I just hope other leaders from other countries are not too focus in their internal affairs to notice or somehow imitate the inspirational aspects of Singapore in their own country.


Like what you've read come and join me here.



Disclaimer : The content in this blog is for information only and based from the author's experiences, opinion and feeling at the time of travel to a place and may not be necessarily applicable to the reader/s. The information in this blog is not updated in a timely manner. Accuracy is not a guarantee. Therefore, the author is not liable to whatever links, information, images changes/ updates by third parties that are not directly connected to the author of this blog. This blog is not suggesting, recommending anything to it's readers and are not liable for any  damages or losses.  If you have any suggestions or comment/s please email the author at mytraveltourasia@gmail.com.  It is important for the reader/s to do your due diligence before traveling to foreign place/s. The information and images in this blog are sole propriety of this blog and reproduction is illegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Name :
Email Address :